This Valentine’s Day will be a lot different for most people: no indoor dining at fancy restaurants and for most families not a lot of time to be shopping for gifts. I always say, the best way to show someone love is to make something for them. However, as a busy mom of a 1-year-old, it’s difficult to allocate time to make an elaborate meal or bake a delectable dessert. That’s why this easy vegan chocolate granola bark is the best way to say I love you! Whether that be to that special someone, a family member, or a great friend, everyone will love this sweet treat.
This recipe is awesome because you don’t need a ton of ingredients and you may just have all of it stored in your pantry right now! No need to buy a bunch of obscure things at the store, just chocolate, your favorite granola, and a few other toppings you love. My favorite granola to use on this chocolate bark recipe is Ocean Ranch Organic Vanilla Chia Hemp Granola. It’s vegan, wheat-free, & without large chunks, which makes it easier to spread onto the chocolate. It’s also really delicious with a subtle hint of vanilla that doesn’t take away from the decadent chocolate yumminess. I like to add pumpkin seeds and coconut chips, for that extra crunch and just a hint of saltiness.
Feel free to add any other ingredients that you like or that you know that special someone would like: dried blueberries, cherries, or cranberries, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, walnuts, peanuts, or anything else you may have on hand that would work well spread over chocolate.
Chocolate Vegan Granola Bark
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes + 30 minutes for it to set
What you’ll need
Wax Paper or Parchment Paper on top of a cookie sheet
A microwave or double broiler
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate
½ cup Ocean Ranch Organic Vanilla Chia Hemp Vegan Granola
2 tablespoons organic pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
Optional: flaky sea salt
- Melt the chocolate chips using a microwave or double broiler. Using a microwave, cook on 50% power and stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Chocolate can burn quite easily, so stirring with a rubber spatula thoroughly every 30 seconds is crucial. If you’d like to use a double broiler, fill a pot about ¼ full with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and place a heat safe bowl on top of the pot. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl has 2-3” of space from the water. The chocolate will be heated with the steam. Stir thoroughly until the chocolate is completely melted & mixed.
- Spread the melted chocolate onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the Vanilla Chia Hemp vegan granola evenly across the chocolate.
- Top with pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, and sprinkle with salt, if desired.
- Gently press the toppings onto the chocolate until they stick, then place into the fridge for thirty minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
- Once the chocolate is fully set, crack into bite size pieces. Make sure to store in an airtight container in the fridge so it doesn’t melt!